NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tuesday marked the end of open training camp practices as the competition level ramped up at Saint Thomas Sports Park. Here’s what you need to know:
• The offense came ready to play Tuesday after a down day Monday. Nearly every skill position player made a big play.
• Kendall Wright made an acrobatic one-handed catch in the corner of the end zone during 1v1’s. He may have not gotten both feet in bounds, but it was a heck of a grab regardless.
• Later in the period, Locker rolled to his right and found Washington again with a perfect throw on the run.
• After a Charlie Whitehurst touchdown to Delanie Walker on play action, a scuffle broke out between a few players. It didn’t amount to anything serious, but it was as much emotion as we’d seen from both sides in a while. After practice everyone discussed that as long as it remains in perspective, that level of emotion will help everyone get better.
• The defense got the last laugh during the drill when
• Ken Whisenhunt said after practice that he was pleased with the effort level of practice and thinks the offense responded well to a subpar day on Monday.
• The Titans will be on HBO’s ‘Hard Knocks’ Tuesday night recapping the joint practice with the Falcons. Whisenhunt said that he watches the show but didn’t commit to whether or not he would ever want his team to be the main feature.
• The head coach also made sure to thank the fans for making it out to Saint Thomas Sports Park for all the open practices. “It’s really been nice having the fans out here for the open practices, and I’m sorry that we didn’t have more than what we had this year,” he said. “Maybe we’ll be able to work on that a little bit next year, but we appreciate their support in coming out here. Our fans are important to us, and I think next week we go into an in-season week schedule, and I think it’s really important for that to make it as much like an in-season week because we’ve never done that. We’ve never done a game week together. That’s the reason for it this year.”