NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Titans held their final media availability at Wednesday’s practice before leaving on Thursday for New Orleans. Here are the biggest notes and plays of the day:
• The Titans made a few roster moves, signing veteran C Steve Vallos and LB Kendrick Adams while waiving LB David Gilbert and OL Viondy Merisma.
• The team went on an unexpected field trip this morning – going to the movies to see either Guardians of the Galaxy, Hercules or Into the Storm. Every player was given the freedom to have unlimited candy, popcorn, etc.
• Charlie Whitehurst hit Justin Hunter deep down the left sideline for a big play during team drills. Hunter went up and got it over the top of DB Marqueston Huff.
• Huff came back the very next play and intercepted Whitehurst on another go route down the left sideline, this time intended for Isaiah Williams.
• The red zone portion of practice was much calmer Wednesday than it was Tuesday. The one big play came when Hunter went up to grab a Jake Locker pass in the middle of the end zone – managing to get both feet in bounds on the way down.
• The first and second unit ran brief hurry-up drills to set up field goals. Locker connected with Hunter on a deep pass to set up the first field goal – a make from 38 yards from Travis Coons.
• Charlie Whitehurst sent one downfield that Derek Hagan was able to take away from cornerback Tommie Campbell to set up the second field goal – a make from 44 yards from Coons.
• Maikon Bonani didn’t have any attempts Wednesday.
• The team leaves Thursday for New Orleans. Head coach Ken Whisenhunt said playing time won’t be decided until Thursday night at the earliest.